All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Sunday, January 16, 2005
Perk Up That Mediocre Sangwich
Yep, that's how my husband's very Italian grandmother says "sandwich". I'm not a big sandwich eater. I think they're generally pretty boring, so I only eat them when I'm in a big hurry to throw something together. But adding some Italian style tomatoes can make such a difference!

Just slice up some tomatoes, cover them with extra virgin olive oil. Add a sprinkle of red wine vinegar. A dash of salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano. And voila! Simply stack them up on that sandwich meat like you would normal, naked tomatoes. If you really want extra flavor, add some romano cheese (freshly grated is a MUST!) in the mix.

Okay, time to grab a sandwich. I've made myself hungry!