All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Monday, January 17, 2005
Yummy Fries!
Of course the best fries are those made from scratch. But really, who has time to peel, cut, and fry those things? This evening I waited until the very last minute to make dinner, partly due to laziness, and partly due to not knowing what to make.

What saved the meal were these thing I had stowed away in the freezer.

*GASP*

Yes, frozen fries. But not ANY frozen fries. I happened to buy these at Costco (so, imagine a big gigantic bag), and they're actually pretty healthy as far as frozen fries go. Not much in the ingredients, which is a good thing. Of course, they taste best deep fried, and I realized it's MUCH faster to do that (3-5 minutes!) than it is to bake them (25 minutes!).

Even though I had already eaten dinner, there I was making these french fries on the back burner of the stove, with the paper towel-lined collander resting on the front burner, right under my nose. So I kept munching on these things, and when my husband came home, he started doing the same. They're so good, especially while piping hot, with just a sprinkle of salt.

So go to www.alexiafoods.com, enter your zip code and find a store near you that carries their products. They might be a little more expensive than the run of the mill Ore Ida frozen fries, but they're SO GOOD.