All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Saturday, March 19, 2005
My Big Fat Greek Cake Mix Cookies!
Wow! This is my very first post to All About Food! I'm so excited to be a contributor to this site & thought I would post a cookie recipe that I truly love. It's so easy to make & this recipe stays soft because it's made out of cake mix dough. So the cookies stay soft for a week or so, even if you leave them out. You can make ANY kind of your favorite cookies, so experiment away! I'll give you the basics below.

Cake Mix Cookies

Preheat oven to 350.

You'll need:

1 box of white cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil


1 cup of 2 types of each:

1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of pecans
1 cup of macadamian nuts
1 cup of butterscotch chips
1 cup of peanut butter chips

or, you can add 2 cups of the above ingredients instead of 1 cup each

In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs & vegetable oil with a large spoon. The mixture will be very thick to use a blender. Then add your 2 cups of any of the above goodies & mix very well into dough. Take a tablespoon & spoon onto cookie sheet. I usually line cookie sheet with aluminum foil & spray it with Pam. (who the heck is Pam & why is she so popular?!?! haha)

Bake for approximately 9-14 minutes, depending on your oven. I keep an eye on them because the type of cookies I bake also dictates how long I keep them in the oven. Chocolate chip pecan doesn't take as long as white chocolate macadamian or oatmeal raisin.

Let cool & enjoy with a glass of milk!

~Marianna
6 Comments:
Blogger Sprinkles said...
I've made cake mix cookies for years now and I will agree that this recipe is GREAT!

A fantastic combo that I like to do is a box of chocolate fudge cake mix and peanut butter chips.

People always are amazed at how 'perfect' the chocolate cookie is.

"What is your recipe for your chocolate cookie dough???? It's FANTASTIC! I can never seem to get mine right..."

"Oh...family secret!" /snicker

Blogger Marianna said...
hehe... if they only knew!

;)

Blogger Marianna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I make cakemix cookies ALL the time.. Any kind of cake mix I have a way to make them.. They are a huge hit and what i really like is that they don't make TONS.. Just enough for the 5 kids and a couple of friends and myself to gobble up in one afternoon.
I personally love the devils food cake mix with ghiradelli choc.chips...

Blogger Leesa said...
I will definitely try this recipe! Looks so yummy!

Blogger manababies said...
OMG! This recipe is going to get me in big trouble! That and all these comments raving about how great this is. Mmmm peanut butter chips. MMMMMM!