All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Thursday, April 07, 2005
Awesome Southern Cabbage
I posted this on my blog already, but wanted to post this here too. My husband makes the best cabbage I've EVER had. I never was a fan before. Enjoy & let me know what you think!

Darn Good Southern Cabbage

5-6 slices of bacon
1 medium onion chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic chopped fine
2 tablespoons of white vinegar
1 can chicken broth
1 head cabbage sliced
salt/pepper

1. Dice bacon and fry in large pan
2. Add chopped onion and garlic to bacon and bacon grease. Sautee till tender
3. Add chicken broth, vinegar, salt, pepper and mix well
4. Add cabbage, reduce heat, cover, cook till crisp & tender (usually about 30-45 minutes).