All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Haystacks
These are such a yummy treat, but I can handle eating 1 of them before my cheeks start to ache... lol. Sooo incredibly sweet!

Ingredients:

1 bag of butterscotch chips
1 container of lo mein noodles (you'll find these in the oriental section of your grocery store in a can container)

In a bowl melt butterscotch chips for 1 minute. No lie. No more than that or you'll melt thru your bowl. Believe me, I did it & caught my plastic bowl on fire. hehe It will look like the chips aren't melted, but they will be, I promise.

Mix in lo mein noodles (they should be a hard noodle) & then drop onto waxed paper on your counter by the teaspoon & let dry for at least 1/2 an hour.

Enjoy!
6 Comments:
Blogger Laura said...
Hmm..I've had these with either semi sweet or dark chocolate but never butterscotch! Yummmmm...
~L.

Blogger Marianna said...
Talk about rotting your teeth off. lol

M~

Blogger Sprinkles said...
I've done something similar to this. Only basically I've made marshmellow treats using the crunchy noodles.

Melt butter, and marshmellows (about 40) with a bunch of those crunchy noodly dealios and then in a greased muffin tin pan, I made little 'nests'. You can either use chocolate covered eggs, M&Ms, or jelly beans to make cute little edible bird nests.

They turned out adorable ..and tasty!

Blogger Sprinkles said...
Edit: Make 'nests' with the marshmellow noodle mixture.

Put candy 'eggs' in the next and then let the nests cool completely at room temperature.

Blogger Marianna said...
oooh that sounds fantastic!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have made dark, milk, white chocolate , peanut butter and the butterscotch ones.. My favorite is half peanut butter half milk chocolate.