All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Monday, September 26, 2005
Oatmeal Scotties
These are my absolute favorite cookies on the planet. My mother made these when we were kids. And since I had to make cookies this weekend for a work function, I chose to make a batch of these (and keep a dozen). I mean no one would know, right?

Well, except you guys.

So here it goes...

Oatmeal Scotties

1 ¼ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt (optional--for if you are using unsalted butter)
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
3 cups quick cook oatmeal
1 cup Butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 375. Beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg until semi-smooth. Slowly add flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the oatmeal to the mixture. Beat until combined well. Add in Butterscotch chips. Spoon on to baking sheet and bake ofor 8 to 9 minutes.

Makes 4 ½ dozen cookies.

And boy, are they delicious. Enjoy.

2 Comments:
Blogger freethoughtguy said...
Yum!

Please send me some of these!

Blogger Miladysa said...
OMG!!

I just LOVE these!!! I wonder if I can get hubby to bake them for me?