All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Monday, September 12, 2005
Breakfast Pie
This is a recipe my husband actually picked out and asked me to try. It's SO easy and tastes fantastic. It's a breakfast pie/quiche of sorts, with no crust.

Breakfast Pie

Ingredients:
6 medium eggs
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper, to taste
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
1 cup grated Swiss cheese*
1/3 cup real bacon bits

Note: I add 1/3 cup grated onions* to the recipe and usually extra bacon bits and an extra half cup of the shredded hash browns too usually.

*[I use my Cuisinart to grate the cheese and the onion. This can easily be done by hand, but it's so much faster if you have a food processor.]

eggsmilkfirst mixture
baconhashbrownsonionsunbakedswiss cheese

What to do:

Preheat oven to 400 degress.

In a 2-quart mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together. Stir in hash browns, cheese, and bacon bits. Pour mixture into a greased pie pan or 8x8-inch pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until center is set and pie has turned golden brown. Cut into wedges. Makes 6-8 servings.


Note: This recipe feeds four hungry adults with a fruit salad. So unless you have a lot of side dishes or you dont have a family of eaters, I couldn't imagine this recipe feeding 6-8 people.
5 Comments:
Blogger Marianna said...
OMG... this is DA BOMB! I've made it before & it is soooo good... thanks for posting it! I haven't seen the recipe in years!

M~

Blogger KFarmer said...
I have heard of this recipe but could not find it. Thanks! I will try it this week-end.

Blogger Cade said...
Hello Culinary Godess~ ^_^

That looks delish. I'll have to try it this weekend. I am SICK of cold cereal. Haha

Ok....I did my HNT for you..ya know.. you asked for it.

Blogger Leesa said...
This sounds really good...I think the Hub would love it.