All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Yummy Apricot Almond Ice Cream Lasagna
Okay it's been awhile since I've made this dessert, but it is really easy and really yummy.
I don't have measurements, it's all just how much you want on it.

I take:

Two boxes of vanilla ice cream (boxes are easier so you can layer the ice cream)
One box of vanilla wafers (crushed)
Two packages of sliced almonds
One jar of Apricot preserves

Start with the ice cream, in a dish like you would make lasagna in and start layering! I chill the dish so the ice cream won't start melting while preparing.

Layer ice cream in the bottom
then I usually put a layer of preserves next
crumbled vanilla wafers
& almonds.

Then repeat!!
(Last layer should be the crumbly stuff, of course.)

Ice Cream Lasagna!!

**Note, I would never have usually chosen a dessert with apricots and almonds in it, but you will change your mind once you take a bite!**

Really great for baby & bridal showers too.

Let me know if ya'll make it, and what you think!!

9 Comments:
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...
wow! this blog sure has changed since the last time i've been here! Hello, Ms. Texas, how are you? Hot down there? getting hot in montana. I was reading the comment you wrote about yourself...about always looking for something more. I am so in that motion right now. what is that from? why are some like that and some are just so dang content in their little houses, jobs, relationships, etc.
the desert looks great, but since i'm ALWAYS trying to trim down, i might just copy it and save it for a different day!
You should be proud to be a vet. we are all proud of you. my daughter is going into the navy in november., she will be 20 by then. i am proud of her, what a glorious honor that must be. thanks for what you have done...
ellie

Blogger Marianna said...
Howdy Ms. Ellie ~ there are a few more contributors on here now!

Leesa ~ I'm not a fan of apricots... but I may have to give this a shot!

M~

Blogger psychobabbler said...
That actually sounds pretty good. The word Lasagna throws me off though.

Blogger Leesa said...
I'm not a fan of apricots either, M, but I bet you'll like this dessert. The combo of the ingredients is so tasty!
Oh and I agree lasagna is a weird term for it, but it looks like lasagna when you're done making it!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hmmmm....ice cream lasagna.... I love ice cream.... yum yum.

Blogger Leesa said...
I think the unique taste comes from the apricot combined with the wafers and the almonds (and ice cream, of course). Like I said, normally I would have never ordered this as a dessert but as a combo it is really tasty.

Blogger Crew Koos said...
That s cool i didn t know anything about food

If you want more, check out:

http://www.crewkoos.blogspot.com

Anonymous Anonymous said...
awesome site!

great recipes!

nice blog
u ever put weed in the food
dat tastes goooooood