All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Curry Chicken Salad
I've been meaning to post this recipe for quite some time now...

It's very easy and quite tasty!

Curry Chicken Salad

What you need:
-A can of chicken (You can use a fresh breast of chicken sauteed and shredded instead if you like, but it's a fair amount of more work and can be dangerously dry if you're not careful.)

-Enough mayonaise to make the chicken creamy, but not goopy. You want it to be smooth while stirring it but not so much that you lose the taste of chicken to the mayonaise. (Probably about 3 spoonfuls, but this depends entirely on the amount of chicken used.)

-3 tsps of curry approximately. Again, this depends on the amount of chicken and mayo used... but you can taste it as you go, teaspoon by teaspoon, until you get it to a desired curry strength. (It should be a yellowish color... not leaning toward brown.. but leaning more toward a pastel yellow with a dash more color. Is that helpful enough? Just go on and taste it already... that'll be your best indicator if you've put enough in.)

-A good sized handful of cashew bits and pieces. And then after I've stood there snacking on the can of nuts and nibbling at the plain chicken salad, I toss in a few more for good measure. (Salted and roasted is the kind I use, but for those of you who prefer less salt, use the unsalted ones.)

-A good sized handful of pineapple tidbits. You can buy pineapple tidbits, but I personally think those chunks are too large. I buy the pineapple rings and slice them up into small tidbits about the size of my index finger's nail.

-Salt and Pepper to taste.


What to do:
This is where the recipe gets really tricky....
You mix it all together.


Curry Chicken Salad Wrap

I like to serve this chicken salad on a flour tortilla with lettuce and tomato all rolled up. It's quite tasty with grapes served on the side.

And unlike what I did in the photo above, I'd put the lettuce and tomatoes down first on the tortilla and ~then~ put your chicken salad before you roll it up.

Some days my brain just works backwards...
4 Comments:
Blogger Leesa said...
Looks great!! The hubs will love this:)

Blogger Marianna said...
OMG I'm so jazzed!

M~

Blogger Shephard said...
Ok, that looks so yummy. At first the pineapple threw me... but I remembered I used to make tuna-salad pitas with grapes inside. Same idea I guess! But the curry has my mouth watering already. :)
~S

Blogger Sprinkles said...
I know the pineapple sounds bizarre, but it's really a nice compliment flavor!

Truly,
Insanity Infusion