All About Food
Good food, good recipes, good cooking tips, good drinks,
and anything else an epicurean might dream up!
Thursday, May 05, 2005
My Big Fat Greek Souvlaki
By special request:

I bought pork shoulder loin. Not pork tender loin because the butcher said it would be too tender for the skewers. I cut it up into roughly 1 inch cubes & marinated it in the following ingredients:

*extra virgin olive oil (don't be afraid to over-do it on this)
*lemon juice (ditto)
*oregano
*season salt
*(or you can use salt/pepper)
*garlic (I used finely minced)
*onion (chopped up pieces)
(oh yes, we might as well ALL stink!)


I covered it & placed it in the fridge overnite. The smell was INCREDIBLE! The next morning, I skewered it using 12" skewers. I grilled them outside til they were done, but not OVER-DONE because they dry out. This pork was so tender & the marinade just made it that much more tender. The juices were running out of the pork pieces.

I had some pita bread & slathered on the tzatziki & then plopped off the souvlaki off of the skewers. Voila!

~Marianna
1 Comments:
Blogger Leesa said...
Yum Yum. I might have to make this for the Hub! He's usually the cook, but I think I can handle this!